There are many items in your kitchen that can be used for multiple purposes. But one that stands out above the rest is baking soda. Yes, thatís right, simple, every day, right out of your pantry baking soda.
Here are ten ways you can use baking soda that goes beyond simply adding it to your favorite baked goods recipe:
- Did you know that you can use baking soda as earth-friendly alternative to unclog your drain? You sure can! Itís simple to do, less expensive than the store bought product, and just as effective.
You'll be amazed how effective this combination works. The drains will be clean and you wonít have added anything toxic to the drain system.
Here's what you do:Pour one cup of regular table salt, one cup of baking soda, and half a cup of plain white vinegar down the drain. Leave it alone for 15 minutes and then pour two quarts of boiling water into the sink. Follow this by running the hot water into the sink for at least one minute.
- Baking soda, when mixed with salt, is also an effective stain remover and scouring powder. Mix one cup of baking powder with one cup of salt. Then use this mixture the same way you would any other scouring powder. Again, an effective mixture that is less harmful to the environment.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on your carpet and let it sit for 10 minutes. When the time is up, vacuum away any stale odors that may have settled in your carpet.
- Add a little baking soda to your dishwasher the next time youíre loading it. The baking soda will give your cleaner an extra boost to get your dishes sparkling clean.
- Make a poultice of baking soda and water then put it on a bee sting. This will ease the pain in no time.
- Have you ever had a small grease fire on the stove when cooking? Sprinkle baking soda on the fire can safely put it out.
- Does your catís box smell? Thoroughly clean the litter box, let dry in the sun, and then sprinkle enough baking soda in the bottom to cover. Now add your litter. The baking soda will help absorb the odors.
- Making an equal mixture of baking soda and laundry detergent will stretch your detergent and make your laundry smell fresh.
- And, if your refrigerator has a sour odor, place an open box of baking soda in it to absorb those odors. Donít forget to change the box once a month to keep your refrigerator odor free.
Baking soda is truly a multi-purpose item. The applications extend way beyond just using it to make your biscuits light and fluffy.
Looking for a reliable eco-friendly cleaning service in Las Vegas and Henderson? Try Vegas Greener Cleaners for professional cleanings without added chemicals, toxins or fumes.
Call or text us at 702-747-7276 or use the button below to schedule your service. Mention this ad and get $15 off your first service.